Saturday 6 August 2022

BIP report output encoding format change to handle special character display issue(? mark issue)

 While reading data generated using a BIP report in OIC to filter data using certain business requirement, I was not able to read the special characters in OIC from the BIP generated file even though data was coming file in Notepad++ if I checked the BIP generated file. 

The BIP template was eText and the issue was in that where I was using the character set as iso-8859-1 instead of utf-8 which was causing the output file to be generated in ANSI encoding format and in OIC I was trying to read the file using UTF-8.

So to resolve this issue, we need to read the file as ISO8859_1 in OIC and keep the etext character set as iso-8859-1 or else we need to change the character set to utf-8 in etext template and read it as UTF-8 in OIC. This is a simple thing which was overlooked and took a lot of my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment